Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Amazon, Please Do Not Make The Kindle Touchscreen

I'm a big fan of my Kindle DX. It's literally my favorite gadget. I love the form factor, the large screen, the relatively good battery life and the keyboard. Amazon could eliminate any of those items and I my love would still be just as strong. The Kindle DX is perfect in my eyes. It's so perfect that just the thought Amazon ditching the buttons in favor of a touchscreen pains me as deeply as The Road.

That's the trend now: touchscreen e-ink screens. Within the last 24 hours, Kobo and Barnes & Noble introduced models with new touchscreen e-ink displays. It's a fantastic step in low-power consuming displays with really quick page refreshes and battery life. The new Nook has a 2-month battery. All good. Even the touchscreen is great technology with good-enough sensitivity. But I don't want it in my next Kindle.

phone headset phone watch phone cord detangler phone watches

No comments:

Post a Comment